To me, weight loss is not just about physical changes, but also about mental changes. I firmly believe that to feel good physically, you have to feel good mentally. You must be willing to change mentally if you are going to effectively change yourself physically, and have those changes stick with you for a lifetime. Exercise makes me feel amazing both physically and mentally, and seeing those results are always an added bonus. However, when I'm in a slump and exercise isn't quite doing the trick, I like to turn to aromatherapy.
What is aromatherapy and what are the benefits?
Aromatherapy is thought to stimulate parts of the brain, which in turn has may have a positive impact on ones physical, emotional, and mental state. Aromatherapy is an ancient and time-honored tradition that’s been improving moods and lifting spirits for thousands of years.
- The use of essential oils as fragrances dates back almost 6,000 years, and they’ve been used by a variety of cultures and ethnicities.
- Essential oils were used for therapeutic, hygienic, spiritual and ritualistic purposes, and in many cultures they still are to this day.
- Today essential oils are primarily used in therapeutic settings to help achieve a positive mood and bring about relaxation. Studies indicate that certain essential oils may help with the occasional stress and anxiety associated with everyday life, but more research is needed.
- Almost anyone can enjoy the benefits of an aromatherapy oil, but certain individuals, such as pregnant women, persons with allergies, and those with respiratory conditions such as asthma should only use essential oils for aromatherapy under the guidance of a trained professional.
- Keep in mind that essential oils are highly concentrated botanical extracts and should never be ingested or applied to skin at full strength. Consult a professional aromatherapist or an accredited reference on aromatherapy for advice on these uses.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are liquids that are distilled from the leaves, stems, flowers, or other elements of a plant.
Lately, I've been using my ultrasonic real bamboo oil diffuser from NOW Solutions, and I am so in love with it. My family and I have been enjoying the heck out of this thing! I have been enjoying the many benefits of aromatherapy and I am very impressed with my experience so far.
What I love about NOW Essential Oils is that they are 100% pure and natural.
My daughter and I really enjoy the Peaceful Sleep Oil Blend. We like to use it late in the evening - close to bedtime. It sets a very relaxing mood in the room for us when we are winding down. When I have the sleep blend in the diffuser, my daughter is as calm as a clam. The mood tends to shift to something I can only describe as "very chill", and she seems to fall asleep easier on the nights that I use it. I think it's my most favorite oil blend out of all of the ones that I have tried so far and it will definitely stay on my favorites list.
My husband has also seen a difference in my moods when using certain oils. He told me that he has noticed little bursts of happiness, and I've noticed it as well. When I am busy working on the blog and I am feeling a little stressed with trying to get things done, I like to use the Bergamot oil while I am working.
When my anxiety acts up, I like to use the Peaceful Sleep, or the Eucalyptus oil. I am definitely going to try more oils to see if any others help with any other of my many moods. I am slowly building my list of oils that help calm my nerves and it's been an exciting process learning what works for me.
The essential oil kits that NOW Solutions is offering is a great way to try different oils without buying the full size bottle. They currently offer three different types of oil kits.
If you need help with picking out essential oils and the uses and benefits for each one, then check out the essential oils chart (Click Here) NOW has on their website. It's pretty handy!
Be My Valentine NOW Essential Oils Kit Giveaway!!
Valentine's Day is coming up and it's a holiday I love to celebrate! I am currently thinking of different things I can do to introduce this great day of love and happiness to my 1 year old. There is, however, one way that I can celebrate with all of you, and that's with an awesome Valentine's giveaway. I'd like to say that I truly appreciate each and every one of you. You fill my heart with joy with all of the support and encouragement you give me.
One lucky Huff 'n Puff to Buff 'n Tough Valentine will win a NOW Solutions Essential Oil Diffuser of their choice and a Love At First Scent Romantic Essential Oils Kit containing four (4) different scents.
The giveaway ends on Saturday, February 13th at 11:59 PM CST.
A winner will be chosen at random and announced on Sunday, February 14th - Valentine's Day.
Check below for the many ways to enter and get multiple entries!
Be My Valentine NOW Essential Oils Kit Giveaway
Disclosure: I have received product from NOW Foods as part of my ambassadorship with NOW. All opinions are my own.